South Florida General Contractors Provide Residential Construction
When it comes to residential construction in Fort Lauderdale, we lead the industry in providing unmatched services and by using only the best products in your build or remodel. We have over 36 years in the construction and remodeling industry which gives us the advantage over others. Our contractors have a perfect safety record and always finish our projects on time. A B Knight has experience in building custom homes that range from log homes to elegant stone/stucco coastal homes.
Each home design varies and is unique to the owner's preference. All of our homes are built with expert craftsmanship with an emphasis on quality and creativity.
If you are in the market for a Fort Lauderdale home build or remodel, we specializes in custom home construction, construction management, remodeling and owner representation.
As an owner's rep, A B Knight manages the day-to-day work of all the entities involved on a project, while you, the owner, retain all the decision making authority, and maintain all the contractual relationships. A B Knight is there to give you professional advice at every step within the process. We represent your interests, while leveraging the best possible performance out of all the entities employed by you on the project.
Specific Responsibilities we offer as an Owner's Representative:
- Monitor construction to make sure building is built according to design and specifications.
- Monitor construction schedule and alerts the Architect/Owner to conditions that may lead to delays in the completion of work or when the construction schedule falls behind.
- Provides daily documentation and written record as to the progress, problems, solutions, inspections, change orders, construction changes, meetings, shop drawings, products, color schedules, and other items that reflect the progress or lack of.
- Attends meetings as the Owner's Representative with Architect/Engineer, Contractor or Sub Contractors as required.
- Observes tests required by the contract documents and/or as part of systems operations. Verifies the results, provides documentation.
- Provides a record of any occurrence of work that might result in a claim for a Change Order or require testimony as a professional witness.
- Reviews the Contractor's record copy of drawings specifications, addenda, change orders and other modifications at intervals appropriate to the stage of construction and provides communication and documentation as to the results.
- Reviews the list of items to be completed or corrected with the Contractor and Architect's office for issuance of Certificate of Substantial Completion.
- Receives from the Architect transmittal of Owners documentation required by the Contractor at the completion of the work, included but not limited to warranties, operation and maintenance manuals.
- Advocates on the part of the modifications, or Change Orders.
- Reviews request for payment with the Architect's office and Owner and appropriate parties.
- Manages transfer of the building operations to the owner.
Property preservation involves the securing, protecting, and preparing of properties for sale that have undergone foreclosure, default, or are bank-owned.
The rise of REO (real estate owned) properties have created an influx of vacant and/or abandoned homes.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) have set guidelines and regulations that help protect lenders and mortgage holders from further damages or costs that may be associated with these properties. A set regulations and guidelines have been established for costs, safety issues, and other important factors that may be necessary to perform in order to make homes saleable and free from unfavorable conditions that may raise legal or undesirable circumstances to occur.
A B Knight offers the following type of services:
- Securing of property
- Debris removal
- Lawn maintenance
- Pool maintenance
- Cosmetic improvements
- New roofs
- Establishing building code requirements
- Satisfying and correcting code violations
A B knight is experienced in providing bids, photographs, and necessary documentation required by lenders/investors/insurers/clients.
Our South Florida Residential Construction Services
Why South Florida Should Hire Us For Residential Construction
The expert Fort Lauderdale general contractors at A B Knight specialize in all areas of residential construction that include owner representation, home building, remodeling, kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling as well as complete design/build services. Our trusted contractors utilize experience, team work, and leadership that allow them to excel in the construction process. Having over 36 years in the industry means that we have a reputable reputation for providing top notch construction services when our clients need them.
View Our South Florida Residential Construction Projects
Recent Articles About Residential Construction
- South Florida Home Remodeling: Things You Need to Know
- What is a General Contractor in South Florida?